[Development] Adding new third party component three.js to Qt?

Al-Khanji Louai louai.al-khanji at theqtcompany.com
Mon Jan 19 12:19:42 CET 2015

The thread seems to have derailed quite badly, so let's reboot it and return to the original topic of how to bundle the javascript code.

If I understand correctly, there is a desire to be able to provide the modified three.js code as a separate package.

We have an existing solution for this, the configure script. Wouldn't the whole issue be solved by just adding a compile-time check for the library? If it's found on the system, fine, use that code. If not, use the code bundled with Qt. Add a switch to override the selection. Treat like any other library, because it is.

-- Louai