[Development] QT_DEPRECATED_SINCE and retroactive deprecation

Marc Mutz marc.mutz at kdab.com
Sat Jul 11 17:55:30 CEST 2015

On Saturday 11 July 2015 16:24:34 Denis Shienkov wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> Is it possible to add this "QT_DEPRECATED_SINCE" macro to the *cpp file
> if it was missed in there, but in the *h file it is exists?
>
> For example, in some header file it is declared QT_DEPRECATED_SINCE(5,x)
> for the some foo() method..
> So, can I add missed QT_DEPRECATED_SINCE(5,x) and to source file too? Or
> I need to wait up to Qt 5.6?
>
> Is it belongs to "retroactive" deprecation or not (when in headers there
> are declared, but in sources there are missed)?

It's a compilation fix, of course, not a "retroactive" deprecation. So it
should go to the maximum of {still open branches, branch where the function's
deprecation was introduced in the header}, unless I misunderstood what you're
asking for (adding QT_DEPRECATED_SINCE around a function's definition if it
already was added around its declaration?).

Tel: +49-30-521325470
KDAB - The Qt Experts