[Development] QT_DEPRECATED_SINCE and retroactive deprecation

Denis Shienkov denis.shienkov at gmail.com
Sun Jul 12 09:28:31 CEST 2015

 >  unless I misunderstood what you're asking for (adding
QT_DEPRECATED_SINCE around a function's definition if it already was
added around its declaration?)

Yes, I mean about:

== foo.h ==

class Foo
{
public:
     class Foo();

#if QT_DEPRECATED_SINCE(5,2) // since 5.2
     QT_DEPRECATED void bar();
#endif

#if QT_DEPRECATED_SINCE(5,5) // since 5.5
     QT_DEPRECATED void baz();
#endif
};

So, can I add missed QT_DEPRECATED_SINCE (5.2 and 5.5) to the sources
for the future 5.5.1 branch?

  == foo.cpp ==

#if QT_DEPRECATED_SINCE(5,2) // since 5.2, was missed before
void Foo::bar()
{
}
#endif

#if QT_DEPRECATED_SINCE(5,5) // since 5.5, was missed before
void Foo::baz()
{
}
#endif