[Development] Container benchmark was HEADS UP: Don't use QList, use Q_DECLARE_TYPEINFO

Smith Martin Martin.Smith at theqtcompany.com
Sun Jul 12 18:16:07 CEST 2015

Marc, I think you misunderstand the nature of the discussion. I don't think anyone disputes your analysis of the relative efficiencies of the various collections. I think you are dismissing the simple elegance of QList for getting a Qt application up and running quickly. Or, as in my use case, making a change quickly to correct a bug.

I can see by your explanation that QVector is almost always more efficient than QList. But sometimes the difference doesn't matter.

martin