[Development] New headers popping up: possibly missing a build dependency?

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Sun Jul 12 19:48:10 CEST 2015

On Sunday 12 July 2015 14:18:04 Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer wrote:
> While preparing qtbase for a Debian upload on a not-so-clean chroot I've
> got:
>
> QtPlatformSupport: created fwd-include header(s) for
> <srcbase>/src/platformsupport/ { bus_interface.h (1), cache_adaptor.h (1),
> deviceeventcontroller_adaptor.h (1), socket_interface.h (1) }
>
> Which don't get build with the same packagin/rules on a clean chroot. So I'm
> possibly missing a build dependency somewhere. So far I could not grasp
> what's different. Can anyone point me what it can be?

Given the file names, they look like qdbusxml2cpp-generated headers. Then
syncqt runs again, finds them, and creates forwarding headers.

Solution: ALWAYS, ALWAYS build with sources completely clean.

You can do that in one of two ways:
 1) nuke your sources between builds and re-extract (or git clean)
 2) do an out-of-source build