[Development] New headers popping up: possibly missing a build dependency?

Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer perezmeyer at gmail.com
Sun Jul 12 20:01:48 CEST 2015

On Sunday 12 July 2015 10:48:10 Thiago Macieira wrote:
> On Sunday 12 July 2015 14:18:04 Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer wrote:
> > While preparing qtbase for a Debian upload on a not-so-clean chroot I've
> > got:
> >
> > QtPlatformSupport: created fwd-include header(s) for
> > <srcbase>/src/platformsupport/ { bus_interface.h (1), cache_adaptor.h (1),
> > deviceeventcontroller_adaptor.h (1), socket_interface.h (1) }
> >
> > Which don't get build with the same packagin/rules on a clean chroot. So
> > I'm possibly missing a build dependency somewhere. So far I could not
> > grasp what's different. Can anyone point me what it can be?
>
> Given the file names, they look like qdbusxml2cpp-generated headers.

They are.

> Then syncqt runs again, finds them, and creates forwarding headers.

Mm, I always build from tarballs, because I need those.

> Solution: ALWAYS, ALWAYS build with sources completely clean.
>
> You can do that in one of two ways:
>  1) nuke your sources between builds and re-extract (or git clean)

That step is always done. I do git clean -xdff before building, untar the
submodule tarball and start over.

>  2) do an out-of-source build

Now that can be the difference, and it might be in the way I call the tools in
the two different chroots: the one for "toying around" and the "real clean
one".

So I guess those files shouldn't be created at all.

Thanks Thiago as usual!

--
If you realize that you are in a hole... stop digging.
  Anonimous, thanks to ScottK.

Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer
http://perezmeyer.com.ar/
http://perezmeyer.blogspot.com/