[Development] Request to delete libibusplatforminputcontextplugin.so from qtbase

Sune Vuorela nospam at vuorela.dk
Fri Jul 17 18:26:11 CEST 2015

On 2015-07-17, Takao Fujiwara <tfujiwar at redhat.com> wrote:
> Right. ibus-qt already has the ibus module for qt4 so this request is for qt5.
> I'd think it's easy to move libibusplatforminputcontextplugin.so from qtbase to ibus-qt.

Part of me would like to have as many things that uses QPA headers to
stay inside Qt because unstable api's.

And then I'm not sure if there might be licensing issues for various
users with moving it from lgpl Qt to GPL ibus-qt, or if enough of ibus
is GPL that you can't take advantage of the l in lgpl anyways.

/Sune