[Development] Contribute to the Qt

Andrew Knight andrew.knight at intopalo.com
Fri Jul 24 06:47:07 CEST 2015

Hi Edi,

On 07/24/2015 06:11 AM, Edi Anderson wrote:
> Hello guys I'm a programmer and would like to gain more experience in large
> projects, so I would contribute to Qt.

That's wonderful; welcome to the Qt Project!

>   I have time available and just need
> someone to tell me what to do and how to start. Can someone help me ?.

I can try. You should first read http://wiki.qt.io/Contribute and
http://www.qt.io/contribute/

To get the most out of your experience, join #qt-labs on IRC and pitch
in to the discussion. Once you have some code to contribute, push it to
code review (http://wiki.qt.io/Gerrit_Introduction) and start adding
reviewers. Git log/blame to find out who to add as a reviewer, or
otherwise ask in IRC about who might be able to help.

We look forward to your code :-)

>   And
> sorry for bad English, I began to study English in three months.

No need to apologize. Perfect English is the exception to the rule
around these parts ;-)

Cheers,
Andrew