[Development] Upgrading the sources to C++11 keywords (Q_NULLPTR, etc.)

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Fri Jul 24 17:43:59 CEST 2015

On Friday 24 July 2015 13:34:39 Marc Mutz wrote:
> On Thursday 23 July 2015 16:29:12 Knoll Lars wrote:
> > >
> > >- Required to be used consistently within a class, because Clang warns be
> > >
> > >  default if one function has override and another doesn't.
> > >
> > >- Even add to old code. The benefits outweigh the git history churn.
> > >
> > >Consensus?
> >
> > Yes, but again, I’d propose we wait until 5.6 is branched and then start
> > using the keyword directly, not the macro.
>
> Is there any compiler we support that doesn't support it? Note: MSVC
> supports it from 2005 (override; final was called 'sealed').

We don't claim to require C++11 in 5.6, so you cannot use the naked keyword,
even if all of the compilers we support can understand it. It's possible
someone is compiling Qt with some other compiler.

So the question is only whether we want to add the macro now and replace with
the keyword in 5.7.

I'd say no.