[Development] Upgrading the sources to C++11 keywords (Q_NULLPTR, etc.)

Marc Mutz marc.mutz at kdab.com
Fri Jul 24 20:23:45 CEST 2015

On Friday 24 July 2015 17:43:59 Thiago Macieira wrote:
> So the question is only whether we want to add the macro now and replace
> with  the keyword in 5.7.
>
> I'd say no.

Fair enough, but seeing all the commits flying by that add Q_D_O to "fix
warnings with clang", it's not hard to imagine that a) the problem will solve
itself by a grass roots movement and b) people will a not-too-unrealistic
future warning will complain not just about inconsistent use, but any missing
override, like the already-existing warnings for nullptr. So if 5.6 is
anything near 4.8, we'll probably add those macros to a point release, by
popular demand.

Thanks,
Marc

Tel: +49-30-521325470