[Development] Replace QtXml backend

Cristian Adam cristian.adam at gmail.com
Mon Jul 27 23:43:06 CEST 2015

On 7/27/2015 11:21 PM, Cristian Adam wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 27, 2015 at 9:58 AM, Gerhard Scheikl
> <g.scheikl at avibit.com> wrote:
>

>     I didn't fully think it through yet, was just an idea. :)
>
>     > > So we came up with the idea to replace the back-end with
>     Xerces and try to
>     > > leave the Qt API part the same.
>     >
>     > That's interesting.
>
> On Mon, Jul 27, 2015 at 6:03 PM, Thiago Macieira
> <thiago.macieira at intel.com <mailto:thiago.macieira at intel.com>> wrote:
>
>     On Monday 27 July 2015 09:58:42 Gerhard Scheikl wrote:
>     > > How is it licensed?
>     >
>     > Apache 2.0
>
>     This is a deal-breaker.
>

> Gerhard, have you also tested libxml2
> <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Libxml2>? Unlike Xerces, libxml2 is MIT
> licensed.
>
> Cheers,
> Cristian.

libxml2 and libxlt are already part of the Qt source tree, part of
QtWebEngine-chromium
http://code.qt.io/cgit/qt/qtwebengine-chromium.git/tree/chromium/third_party/libxml
http://code.qt.io/cgit/qt/qtwebengine-chromium.git/tree/chromium/third_party/libxslt

Reusing libxml2 and libxlt should actually cause code decrease.

Cheers,
Cristian.