[Development] wince and openssl

Andrew Knight andrew.knight at intopalo.com
Wed Jul 29 18:04:41 CEST 2015

Hi,

On 07/29/2015 06:49 PM, Gunnar Roth wrote:
> Hi,
> i am trying to make a wec2013 build with openssl support and got weird
> errors.

What kind of errors?

> then i just found this in configureapp.cpp
>  } else if (dictionary.value("XQMAKESPEC").startsWith("wince")) {
>         dictionary[ "STYLE_WINDOWSXP" ]     = "no";
>         dictionary[ "STYLE_WINDOWSVISTA" ]  = "no";
>         dictionary[ "STYLE_FUSION" ]        = "no";
>         dictionary[ "STYLE_WINDOWSCE" ]     = "yes";
>         dictionary[ "STYLE_WINDOWSMOBILE" ] = "yes";
>         dictionary[ "OPENGL" ]              = "no";
>         dictionary[ "SSL" ]                 = "no";
>         dictionary[ "OPENSSL" ]             = "no";
> Why is that? Why did configure not warn me?
> Hmm ok  now i found:
> SSL support.................no
> OpenSSL support.............yes
> in my output... thats strange. ..

I assume this this is with -openssl passed to configure? From my reading
of the code, that's the only possibility. Is "openssl" in your
config.summary or the contents of mkspecs/qconfig.pri?

> but hmm then i saw:
>    if (dictionary["SSL"] == "auto") {
>         if (platform() == WINDOWS_RT) {
>             dictionary["SSL"] = "yes";
>         } else {
>             // On Desktop Windows openssl and ssl always have the same
> value (for now). OpenSSL is
>             // the only backend and if it is available and should be
> built, that also means that
>             // SSL support in general is enabled.
>             if (dictionary["OPENSSL"] == "auto")
>                 dictionary["OPENSSL"] = checkAvailability("OPENSSL") ?
> "yes" : "no";
>             dictionary["SSL"] = dictionary["OPENSSL"];
>         }
>     }
> and i found that the default is:
>   dictionary[ "SSL" ]             = "auto";
>   dictionary[ "OPENSSL" ]         = "auto";
> so fo any mkspec which start with wince ssl is set from auto to NO.
> But why? And why is there no error when is goive openssl option to
> configure?
> Bug?

Not necessarily, because FWICT it is just defaulting to "no" instead of
"auto". Maybe that's just a bad default, or maybe OpenSSL is (or was)
known to not work properly on WEC.

--
Andrew