[Development] Your actions needed, Qt5.5.0 RC & Final is nearing!

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Fri Jun 5 20:07:52 CEST 2015

On Friday June 05 2015 18:00:42 Sean Harmer wrote:

> > What is the earliest OS X version on which 5.5 is supposed to work, officially?
>
> For Qt3D, 10.8 is the oldest version handled by the CI. Given recent OS

I didn't ask about Qt3D??

> X updates are free do you really need support for anything older?

That's the perverse other side of the medal of free OS updates, and the remark surprises me coming from the managing director of a company that sells support...

Linux has always been free, yet do people feel the need not to run anything but the latest version?
The hardware to run the OS on is *not* free, and not all still perfectly functional computers will run the latest software, esp. not if it's a recent OS out of Cupertino.

Anyway, the question was not about needs I feel, but about the official stance, so that I know what to expect (and not to attempt) when I get to updating the MacPorts Qt5 port.

R.