[Development] qqmlengine/qqmlimport access

Alexander Ivash elderorb at gmail.com
Tue Jun 9 11:44:40 CEST 2015

>>* There are the blunt force methods of QQmlEngine->clearComponentCache()
*>>* and QQmlEngine->trimComponentCache().
*>> >>* Maybe after the 5.5 release, I would like to explore adding public
*>>* access member functions to QQmlEngine.h/cpp:
*>> >>* int QQmlEngine::loadComponent(QQmlComponent& component, QString&
*>>* importQmlName);
*>> >>* int QQmlEngine::clearComponent(QString& importQmlName);
*>> >>* bool QQmlEngine::isComponentLoaded(QString& component);
*>> >>* The biggest concern I see is the caveat warnings given by qqmlimport.h
*
> I'm wondering what the specific use-cases are. More specifically what criteria > would be used to call these functions?
> If you'd like to "pre-load" components, then I agree that we could have > dedicated API for this, although you can already do this today by creating an > async QQmlComponent and just not call create() on it.

Besides components pre-loading, having some API allowing to manipulate
component cache could be really helpful for implementing QML
livecoding with incremental updates.