[Development] Qt 5.5.0 header diff

Knoll Lars Lars.Knoll at theqtcompany.com
Thu Jun 11 13:56:12 CEST 2015

On 11/06/15 14:19, "Marc Mutz" <marc.mutz at kdab.com> wrote:

>On Thursday 11 June 2015 12:29:06 Knoll Lars wrote:
>> A src/multimedia/camera/qcameraviewfindersettings.h
>
>Aprt from the changes already uploaded to Gerrit, I would suggest to use
>the
>new QCamera::FrameRateRange class instead of separate
>minimumFrameRate/maximumFrameRate properties.

That would be nice.

>That *may* indicate that FrameRateRange shouldn't be a nested class
>within
>QCamera, I don't know QtMM enough.

The viewfinder class is closely bound to the camera. It sounds correct to
have the framerate in the camera class.

>> A src/multimedia/video/qabstractvideofilter.h
>
>Apart from the change already uploaded to Gerrit:
>
>- QVideoFilterRunnable::RunFlag needs a 0x0 value.

Agree, but not a showstopper for 5.5.0

>- Runnable is a bad name, since it doesn't inherit QRunnable.

QVideoFilterEngine? But I don’t think it’s too much of a problem as it’s a
very specialized class.

>- QAbstractVideoFilter should re-use QObject::d_ptr instead of adding its
>own
>  (though its unclear why it's inheriting QObject in the first place).

It could, since the module depends on private apis in Qt Core anyway.
Still, no show stopper for me. And it’s a QObject, because it gets exposed
to QML.

>- QAbstractVideoFilter::createFilterRunnable() should probably be const

I tend to agree, but it’s also a minor issue.

Cheers,
Lars