[Development] Qt 5.5.0 header diff

Marc Mutz marc.mutz at kdab.com
Thu Jun 11 16:33:55 CEST 2015

On Thursday 11 June 2015 13:43:15 Knoll Lars wrote:
> Well, QSslEllipticCurve is problematic IMO. The class only contains one
> int and accesses it inline. Since we might have other backends than
> openssl implementing this in the future, I’d like have this non inline and
> a qint64 as data type (so we could replace it with a d pointer later on if
> required).

Please read the discussion on https://codereview.qt-project.org/94022

TL;DR:
There will never be more than a few dozen elliptic curves. They will never be
mutable. So their state can be kept in a read-only location with the int
indexing into it.

The urge to hide everything behind a d-pointer is strong in Qt, but here, it
makes no sense.

> The presharedkey authenticator is missing a copy constructor taking a
> rvalue ref, but that’s minor and can be fixed BC in 5.6 as well.

Can't have an inline move ctor, as it's using QSharedDataPointer. Can't have
an out-of-line move ctor, since that's currently forbidden. Maybe in 5.6, if
we require rvalue refs.

BTW: Can someone send a summary of Qt 5.6 vs. C++11 to the ML, for those that
couldn't attend?

Thanks,
Marc

Tel: +49-30-521325470