[Development] QtCS: Notes from Modern C++ session

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Sun Jun 14 19:08:03 CEST 2015

On Saturday 13 June 2015 19:33:14 Gunnar Roth wrote:

> >> Where are these not supported? I have code that (AFAIK) has been using
> >> these already, and IIRC our compiler requirements are lower.
> >
> > GCC requires 4.7 for this. I think we were discussing whether our minimum
> > is 4.6 or 4.7.
>
> I am quite sure that this only works since vs 2013, Would be glad if proven
> wrong. see https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn457344.aspx
> <https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn457344.aspx>

The best list of what works and what doesn't can be found here:

http://code.qt.io/cgit/qt/qtbase.git/tree/src/corelib/global/qcompilerdetection.h#n447
http://code.woboq.org/qt5/qtbase/src/corelib/global/qcompilerdetection.h.html#447

Just scroll down to your compiler.

For this particular feature in MSVC, it's listed as of MSVC 2012:

http://code.woboq.org/qt5/qtbase/src/corelib/global/qcompilerdetection.h.html#851