[Development] QtCS: Long Term Release discussion

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Wed Jun 17 19:29:36 CEST 2015

On Wednesday 17 June 2015 18:50:14 André Pönitz wrote:
> Would be possible to freeze 5.6 right now, and release that quickly
> after 5.5 as LTS, already running on the new CI, and do whatever
> else was originally planned for 5.6 in 5.7?

I don't think we can do two releases in the next 7 months. We discussed
shortening release cycles again in QtCS but the conclusion was "let's look
into this after the new CI is in place".

Anyway, the main point of decision is whether we want an LTS containing stuff
effectively deprecated. That means maintaining it for a long period, which we
don't want and don't have the manpower for.

It would be the ideal solution, but I simply don't think we could pull it off.
Tough luck.