[Development] QtCS: Long Term Release discussion

rpzrpzrpz at gmail.com rpzrpzrpz at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 14:56:25 CEST 2015

Don't have the manpower?

Then transfer LTS support over to a group of willing volunteers whose
businesses depend on it and let them handle as a GROUP the maintenance.

Provide a space on the the Qt Web Site for organizing reasons and make
it officially a "community" only supported pile of code.

It can even run in parts of the CI that still run it, but keep it
separate.  Maybe have a part time "maintainer" whose only job is to
referee group decisions.

That way the rest of the community and the Qt company can advance
forward and concentrate on future and not legacy and also save precious
manpower resources for that purpose.

md

--
No spell checkers were harmed during the creation of this message.