[Development] Qt LTS & C++11 plans (CopperSpice)

Alejandro Exojo suy at badopi.org
Tue Jun 30 08:37:56 CEST 2015

El Tuesday 30 June 2015, Ansel Sermersheim escribió:
> Our September release of CopperSpice will include changes to the
> contain library, reimplementation of atomic types, our new changes to
> the MetaObject System registration, full API documentation, ??
>
> We would like to encourage developers to attend CPPCon to learn about
> modern C++ and where it is going. For more information please check
> out the following video.
>
>          http://cppcon.org/2015promo/

Can you explain which are your long term plans? Given that you renamed all the
classes and modules (or so I understood), this is full source incompatible,
and it doesn't seem like you want to sync again with the original Qt
(applications might include a large file full of typedefs, but applying to
CopperSpice any bugfix patch found in Qt seems completely manual). Some
developers experiment with their own branches to research or have fun, which
is great, but seems like you are aiming to be a full new project.

--
Alex (a.k.a. suy) | GPG ID 0x0B8B0BC2