[Development] Qt LTS & C++11 plans (CopperSpice)

Ansel Sermersheim ansel at copperspice.com
Tue Jun 30 08:34:12 CEST 2015

On 6/29/15 10:59 PM, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> On Monday 29 June 2015 22:51:25 Ansel Sermersheim wrote:
>> I would like to clarify, we did not use anything from the Woboq
>> blog posting as others have speculated. We had moc removed from
>> CopperSpice a year earlier than the release of this blog. We are
>> also not associated with the Trinity Project.
>
> Out of curiosity:
>
> You've removed moc, but what's your replacement for rcc?

I hope I understand your question correctly. By removing moc and not
using qmake, we were able to remove all the bootstrap code from
CsCore. This allowed us to build rcc simply linking with CsCore.

We did not see any reason to replace rcc at this time. Our goal was to
allow developers to use CopperSpice without altering their build systems.
Since the resource system is not mandatory we did not feel like an
alternative to rcc was required.

>> We would like to encourage developers to attend CPPCon to learn
>> about
>
> Maybe Meeting C++ will get better luck. Most of the Qt developers
> live in Europe. I encourage you to submit your session there.
>
> By the way, you're also welcome to discuss your ideas in this mailing
> list. We're not against new C++ techniques, but we want to support
> existing deployments, so we have to be a little more pragmatic on our
> choices.

Thank you for your warm welcome and encouragement.

Ansel Sermersheim
CopperSpice Co-Founder
www.copperspice.com