[Development] Fw:cmake install qt5 library to Specified directory?

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Wed Mar 11 07:42:33 CET 2015

On Wednesday 11 March 2015 14:05:24 kl222 wrote:
> Hello all:
>
>     I think to install qt5(>=5.3.0) library to sepcified directory. I write:
>

> get_target_property(QtCore_location Qt5::Core LOCATION)
> install(files ${QtCore_location} DESTINATION .)
>
> Ok, it is copy /usr/local/Qt-5.5.0/lib/libQt5Core.so.5.5.0 to destination
> directory, but it don't create libQt5Core.so.5 link. so the programe don't
> find the library.
>
> What do I?

I'm having trouble understanding what you meant. It's probably one of two
possibilities and both are wrong:

1) you're trying to install something to where QtCore is located
2) you're trying to install QtCore somewhere else

You look up Qt's prefix to install stuff to. If your user requests you install
there via CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX, that's different. The important thing is that
you should always install your stuff to CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX.

And you should leave Qt alone. Qt is already properly installed.