[Development] Deprecating modules with 5.5

Bernhard private at bernhard-lindner.de
Tue Mar 17 23:04:39 CET 2015

Some of our applications are relying on Qt Script and Qt Webkit. So I just
had a look at the replacements (Qt Webengine and Qt QML).

The documentation says "... WebEngine ... doesn't give direct access to the
network stack and the HTML document through C++ APIs".
Does this mean there is no way to access the DOM anymore? This would be
fatal for us. Accessing the DOM is essential for all of our applications
that use QWebView. Is there some replacement/workaround?

Also we use the QScriptEngineDebugger but there seems to be no debugger for
QJSEngine. Is there some replacement/workaround?

Are there other significant differences that I should consider?

--
Kind Regards
Bernhard Lindner