[Development] Deprecating modules with 5.5

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Wed Mar 18 12:03:45 CET 2015

On Wednesday 18 March 2015 07:44:12 Bo Thorsen wrote:
> Den 17-03-2015 kl. 23:45 skrev Thiago Macieira:
> > We promised not to break source or binary compatibility. Where are we
> > doing
> > that?
>
> Removing classes is as binary incompatible as you can possibly make it.

They're not removed. They remain exactly in the same library as they've always
been.

The only difference is that we may not ship those libraries in the pre-built
binaries. The only consequence of that is that you may need to compile them
yourselves.

I don't count that as binary compatibility breakage.