[Development] image format plugins

Konstantin Ritt ritt.ks at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 16:30:40 CET 2015

> > > Why? What's the reason?
> >
> > Well, we have a separate module for non-mandatory image format plugins -
> so
> > why not having them in a single place?
>
> Your premise is incorrect. It's not about non-mandatory.
>
> So, what's the reason we should do it?

I didn't say we *should* do it. Simply asking for opinions.

There is no any single .ico file in qtbase (except of ones in
qicoimageformat auto-test) and we don't support -no-ico/-qt-ico/-plugin-ico
configure options, which makes it a good candidate.
There is also just a single .gif file in widgets/movie example, though we
support -no-gif configure option and widgets/movie example never checks if
gif format is really supported.
^ So why bloating qtbase?

Regards,
Konstantin