[Development] [Qt3D] Will Qt3D examples expect to run on Android?

Edward Sutton edward.sutton at subsite.com
Fri Mar 20 16:15:07 CET 2015

I am excited about Qt3D providing the tools to help solve a problem to help visualize underground utilities such as water pipes and telephone cables.

Questions:

1) The bigscene example in Qt 5.5 Alpha is a helpful starting point for me to understand Qt3D and use it to draw a string of pipes using QCylinderMesh entities.  If I could figure out how to build Qt 5.5 Alpha for Android (on OS X),  would bigscene be expected to run on Android?

2) Can I add a Qt3D window to an existing Qt widget form?  I am using widgets; no qml.  I want to let users adjust locations of QCylinderMesh entities representing underground pipes and obstacles.  Basically a CAE app.

Issues:

1) On OS X 10.10 a Macbook Pro 15” 2880 x 1800 Retina display, Qt3D render displays in the bottom-left 1/4 section of the window.  When windows is dragged to an external HD resolution monitor, it displays perfectly.  Any ideas?

If this is not the proper place for Qt3D please redirect me.  This is my first time positing.  Qt3D looks like a great potential solution to my work.

Thanks in advance,

-Ed
This email and any files transmitted with it from The Charles Machine Works, Inc. are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the sender. Our company accepts no liability for the contents of this email, or for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided, unless that information is subsequently confirmed in writing. Please note that any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company. Finally, the recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The company accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.