[Development] bug: qmake ignores CMAKE_CC and CMAKE_CXX while building Qt 5.3.2???

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Mon Mar 23 10:11:16 CET 2015

On Monday March 23 2015 05:46:47 Hausmann Simon wrote:

Hi,

>I think we are talking about the compiler that is used to build qmake here, not the tools.

I'm more concerned with the compiler that qmake decides to use after it's been built!

> (yes, we have some awk hacks in configure to parse the mkspec without qmake, but those are hacks :)

There are similar "hacks" in qmake, apparently. Because removing said hacks from configure didn't help me one bit (except to build qmake with the compiler of my choice).

>Yes, that's what the -platform option is for. The target compiler is specified
>by -xplatform.

Can I assume that NOT specifying -xplatform is equivalent to `-platform foo -xplatform foo`?

R.