[Development] bug: qmake ignores mkspec while building inside Qt source tree (trying to do 32bit build on 64bit host)

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Mon Mar 23 22:38:17 CET 2015

> I can confirm that qmake indeed works as expected outside the Qt tree. This is because it does not include qmodule.pri at all.

Oh, and it is not something in the qmake source code that imposes an Xcode compiler. It happens in mkspecs/features/mac/sdk.prf , which has an equivalent to the section in configure where xcrun is used to query the compiler path. It seems that xcrun (and thus an Xcode compiler) is used if the mkspec specifies a compiler name without path, while a fully specified compiler path is not replaced.

R.