[Development] bug: qmake ignores CMAKE_CC and CMAKE_CXX while building Qt 5.3.2???

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Mon Mar 23 19:10:06 CET 2015

On Monday 23 March 2015 18:42:01 René J.V. Bertin wrote:
> On Monday March 23 2015 09:33:30 Thiago Macieira wrote:
> > Ok. What is the target that was being built? The very first thing? That
> > would be libQtBootstrap.a.
>
> Does it matter what target was being built?

Are you sure it doesn't?

If you aren't absolutely sure that the target doesn't matter, provide the
information.

Please post the entire build log, starting with the configure command-line.

> 1) This also works:
> %> tar -xf qt-everywhere*
> %> rm -rf qt-everywhere*/qtwebengine
> %> mkdir build ; cd build
> %> ../qt-everywhere*/configure -platform macx-clang-32
> %> gmake && sudo make install

Looks good so far.

> 2) After 1), this fails (or rather, it builds qtwebengine for 64bit):
> %> tar -xf qt-everywhere* "qt-everywhere*/qtwebengine"
> %> mkdir build ; cd build
> %> qmake -spec macx-clang-32 -r
> ../qt-everywhere*/qtwebengine/qtwebengine.pro

Which qmake was this? The installed one to /usr/local/.... ?

> %> make

Does that also happen if you don't do this complicated way to separately build
qtwebengine?

And note that the target here is EXTREMELY important: qtwebengine has a
different buildsystem.

> In fact, qmake behaves as if I never gave that `-spec macx-clang-32`. This
> is not limited to qtwebengine. The same thing happens with any .pro file in
> a newly unpacked sourcetree after doing 1), including the ones that worked
> fine in 1). This makes me believe that I could probably do a complete 32bit
> build including qtwebengine by now removing it in 1), but I've never tried.

Then please use a more standard module. Please use qtsvg for this testing.
This removes a very complicated variable (the qtwebengine buildsystem).

> > It's a bug and it probably was never caught because no one compiled on a
> > Mac without C++11 support.
> >
> > We will probably not start doing that...
>
> The question is, again, to what extent the 5.3 series are supposed to build
> on OS X 10.6 ... I was under the impression that they are (were) ...

It probably does, but again I don't think anyone was testing 32-bit builds.

Also: build *for* 10.6, not build *on* 10.6.