[Development] Removing the -c++11 option from configure

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Tue Mar 24 19:55:32 CET 2015

On Tuesday 24 March 2015 19:49:41 Oswald Buddenhagen wrote:
> > The support is already enabled by default and we'd like to now enable
> > C++14  too, but I'd like not to add complexity to the configuration by
> > adding a c++14/no-c++14 option.
>
> that's how many, five lines of code?

More. That's at least a dozen in the configure script, since we need to ensure
someone didn't pass the impossible combination -c++14 -no-c++11.

Then there's the configure.exe source.

And then there's C++1z, plus possibly enabling Concepts Lite TS.

And all for what? What do people gain by passing -no-c++11 today?