[Development] Gertty, anyone?

Oswald Buddenhagen oswald.buddenhagen at theqtcompany.com
Tue Mar 24 21:16:40 CET 2015

On Tue, Mar 24, 2015 at 09:01:43PM +0100, Marc Mutz wrote:
> I've been meaning to look into Gertty, a command-line, offline, locally-caching
> client for Gerrit, [...]
> Anyone tried this, yet? It sounds too good to be true...

i suspect it won't work with our stone-aged gerrit version (very well).
in fact, some things will not work at all - staging, for example.

speaking of which, we totally need volunteers to rebase + upstream our
customizations finally. TQtC won't have the resources for this in the
forseeable future, which means that we'll again need to wait three years
for the next gerrit upgrade.

another project would be a (proper) gerrit frontend in qt creator.
both eclipse and intellij already have something in that direction.