[Development] No Change-Id being generated for commit message

Mandeep Sandhu mandeepsandhu.chd at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 20:07:41 CET 2015

On Thu, Mar 26, 2015 at 10:44 AM, Mandeep Sandhu
<mandeepsandhu.chd at gmail.com> wrote:
>>  3) it removes any comment lines
>
> COMMIT_EDITMSG has _only_ comment lines (i.e lines starting with a #),
> so won't sed remove _all_ lines from it then? (this is exactly what
> I'm seeing when I run the commit-msg script on COMMIT_EDITMSG).

So I looked at another (non-qt) repository and noted that the
COMMIT_EDITMSG contains the last commit message. Is that how it's
supposed to be?

For my qt repo, somehow the COMMIT_EDITMSG is only commented line of
the template. Thats why commit-msg script returns an empty string. I
changed the sed exp to Not remove lines beginning with # and it
generated the Change-Id string fine.

I've reverted change now that my COMMIT_EDITMSG is containing the last
commit message.