[Development] Future of Qt Quick 1 in Qt 5

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Fri May 8 21:33:37 CEST 2015

On Friday 08 May 2015 16:10:27 Hausmann Simon wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Compilation wise I agree, it's low effort. But the situation is different in
> Jira IMO.

Can we declare the module in Deprecated state and keep bug compatibility with
previous versions? If people are using it to transition from Qt 4, it should
retain as much of Qt 4's behaviour as possible. That includes buggy behaviour
that applications have most likely already worked around.

We should fix only security issues, severe crashes and any issue resulting with