[Development] Future of Qt Quick 1 in Qt 5

Alan Alpert 416365416c at gmail.com
Sat May 9 23:41:55 CEST 2015

On Fri, May 8, 2015 at 12:33 PM, Thiago Macieira
<thiago.macieira at intel.com> wrote:
> On Friday 08 May 2015 16:10:27 Hausmann Simon wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Compilation wise I agree, it's low effort. But the situation is different in
>> Jira IMO.
>
> Can we declare the module in Deprecated state and keep bug compatibility with
> previous versions? If people are using it to transition from Qt 4, it should
> retain as much of Qt 4's behaviour as possible. That includes buggy behaviour
> that applications have most likely already worked around.
>
> We should fix only security issues, severe crashes and any issue resulting with

That's what I thought the status was already, and it seems the right
level of support for the Qt 5 lifetime.

https://codereview.qt-project.org/#/q/status:merged+project:qt/qtquick1,n,z
isn't showing a huge burden, Simon said the issue was just JIRA. So
maybe rename "Declarative (QML1/QtQuick1)" to "Declarative (2010 ed.)"
to give the right impression?

--
Alan Alpert