[Development] Qt XML patterns

Frank Meerkötter frank.meerkoetter at basyskom.com
Mon May 11 13:00:20 CEST 2015

On 08.05.2015 14:32, Frederik Gladhorn wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I’ve just looked a bit at the QtXmlPatterns module. The module has a few
> issues and is not actively maintained. I wonder if it should see improvements
> or if there are good alternatives which might be more spec compliant which
> people end up using. One option in the long term might be to wrap some other
> library instead of trying to do our own.
>
> I’m interested in usage of it - please let me know if you do use it or if you
> ended up using alternative libraries. I’m also interested in which parts,
> since the module supports XPath, XQuery, XSLT and XML Schema validation.

I've recently tried to use XmlPatterns to validate a large XML (500MB)
against an XML schema. It ran for hours and at some point I just gave up
and aborted the program.

I tried xmllint (--schema) with the same input which ran pretty fast
(seconds).

Caveat: I am not sure if xmllint is, in what it does, really comparable
to XmlPatterns.

Regards,
Frank