[Development] Suggested addition to wiki.qt.io/Coding_Conventions

Olivier Goffart olivier at woboq.com
Wed May 13 23:36:29 CEST 2015

On Thursday 14. May 2015 05:57:54 Thiago Macieira wrote:

> You cannot compare the addresses [of inline methods]
> This is intentional and if you rely on that, your code is flawed by design.

Why not?
The C++ standards does not forbid it. It defines that it works. I see no
exceptions for inline functions in ยง5.10 (C++14).

We rely on this when connecting using function pointers to inline slot with
Qt::UniqueConnection

So if the two connect statements are in different library that might fails...