[Development] Proposal: Deprecating platforms in Qt 5.6 that don't support lambda

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Thu May 14 17:34:25 CEST 2015

On 2015-05-14 10:58, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> On Thursday 14 May 2015 14:36:43 Olivier Goffart wrote:
>> I'm afraid your solution is not working with temporaries containers.
>
> That should be submitted as a change request to the standard. There are a
> couple of other cases where this bites people.
>
> It needs a new paper.

Can you (both) please elaborate?

That's... interesting. I'm taking a copy of the container and taking
iterators from the copy. It seems to me that the RHS expression in a
range-based for should most definitely not go out of scope within the
for. Is that not the case? (Does range-based for just not work on
temporaries at all?)

--
Matthew