[Development] Binary compatibility for qtestlib

Hausmann Simon Simon.Hausmann at theqtcompany.com
Wed May 20 13:16:30 CEST 2015

‎Hi,

Lately development of testlib picked up again and I've been wondering: the api consists of a fair amount of macros that call "internal" functions. It would be convenient to change the signature of those while maintaining source compatibility, however it would naturally break the ABI.

On the one hand testlib is certainly not relevant for app deployment, otoh it is part of binary Qt distributions.

So do we maintain binary compatibility for testlib‎?

Simon