[Development] Suggested addition to wiki.qt.io/Coding_Conventions

Marc Mutz marc.mutz at kdab.com
Thu May 21 15:36:46 CEST 2015

On Saturday 16 May 2015 22:01:36 Marc Mutz wrote:
> But the root problem isn't inheriting from templates, it's exporting
> the whole subclass.
>
> Convinced now?

FTR: Attempt at a workaround (existed for QVector<QPoint(F)> already):
   https://codereview.qt-project.org/112761
Now, _that_ is one ugly hack. And only necessary because non-polymorphic
classes were exported. Open (perceived) beauty in one header thus creates
hidden ugliness in the guts of Qt. I'd prefer getting rid of hidden ugliness
even at the price of a tiny bit less of (perceived) beauty (our headers are so
full of macros, what harm does one more do, anyway? :).

Thanks,
Marc

Tel: +49-30-521325470
KDAB - The Qt Experts