[Development] Testability Driver

Gerry Boland gerry.boland at canonical.com
Thu May 28 15:24:31 CEST 2015

On 28/05/15 13:03, Cristian Adam wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Does anyone know what happened with the Testablity Driver?
>
> One can read about TDriver here:
> http://voices.canonical.com/tag/testability%20driver/
>
> It was released by Nokia as LGPL, source code is still available on
> Gitorious: https://www.gitorious.org/tdriver
>
> But that won't be for long since Gitorious has this big fat warning:
> „*System notice*: Gitorious is being acquired by GitLab and
> gitorious.org <http://gitorious.org> will shut down end of May.”
>
> Cheers,
> Cristian.

Hey,
sadly we're not using it in Canonical any more. TDriver did a good job with Qt4 apps. But it was desired to have a single tool to test multiple toolkits (Qt & GTK & Html5) using python, so we ended up building our own: AutoPilot [1]. IMO TDriver is more powerful though.
-Gerry

[1] http://unity.ubuntu.com/autopilot/index.html