[Development] Qt and gcc5

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Thu May 28 20:01:52 CEST 2015

On Thursday 28 May 2015 14:51:50 Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer wrote:
> On Thursday 28 May 2015 13:07:10 Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer wrote:
> > Does anyone has any insight with respect to Qt 4 and/or 5 and [link]?
> >
> > [link] <http://developerblog.redhat.com/2015/02/05/gcc5-and-the-c11-abi/>
> >
> > IE, do we also suffer from BIC by switching to gcc5?
>
> Although "standard library classes" might mean we don't need to care. If
> that's the case, sorry for the noise.

Correct: we don't expose the Standard Library's ABI in our ABI, so any
breakages they have wouldn't affect us.

We do depend on the C++ support ABI (libsupc++, which in most distros not
shipping libc++ is supplied as part of libstdc++). That library hasn't broken
compatibility, so it should be no problem.