[Development] Pixelated UI elements in Windows HiDPI mode (5.6)

Adam Light aclight at gmail.com
Wed Nov 11 01:40:04 CET 2015

I built Qt 5.6 (latest from the 5.6 git branch as of this morning) and
tested our application with the build on Windows 10. I'm calling

QApplication::setAttribute(Qt::AA_EnableHighDpiScaling);

before the QApplication is created.

I don't have an actual High DPI monitor so I've been testing by clicking
the "scaling level" link in the Display control panel applet and setting
the scaling factor to 200%. I then click OK, Apply, log out of my account,
and log back in.

First of all, thanks to everyone who's been involved in improving the HiDPI
code for Qt 5.6. HiDPI is much better now in 5.6 compared to 5.5.

I've noticed that a lot of the UI elements that look like they're using
icons for which a HiDPI version is not being used, including:
 * radio/check buttons
 * arrows on combo boxes, tool buttons, scroll bars, tab widgets
 * The ? and X icon of QMdiSubwindow
 * The clear button (grey X) of a QLineEdit

I don't see tickets in Jira for any of these.

I'm willing to create tickets for these items, but I'm not sure what the
most useful way would be to organize the tickets.

So, first, should I create tickets for these at all?

If so, would it be best to create one ticket that mentions all of the
different issues, or should I create a separate ticket for each individual
element?

Thanks
Adam