[Development] Contribution: Windows Stock Icons

Benjamin TERRIER b.terrier at gmail.com
Tue Nov 17 13:46:22 CET 2015

Hi,

For the first point I think it is a good idea.

However the second point seems to be already taken care of. As far as
i know, the current API for obtaining such icons is
QStyle::standardIcon(), looking at its implementation in QCommonStyle,
it calls QPlatformTheme::standardPixmap() for multiple hardcoded sizes
(16x16 and 32x32 at this moment). So the returned QIcon already
provides various resolutions.
It might be improved by calling QPlatformTheme::standardPixmap() for
sizes matching SHGSI_LARGEICON, SHGSI_SMALLICON, SHGSI_SHELLICONSIZE.

Regards,

Benjamin