[Development] Status of the coverity builds

Holger Freyther holger at freyther.de
Thu Nov 19 11:52:02 CET 2015

> On 19 Nov 2015, at 10:41, Welbourne Edward <edward.welbourne at theqtcompany.com> wrote:
>
>> The build is done every Saturday on a Ubuntu 14.04 system and
>> the result is then uploaded to coverity
>
> What's the specific URL ?

You will need to join the "project" and then can see the results. The website
appears to be down right now but my history contains the following:

https://scan.coverity.com/projects/qt-project

>> the build is always done from the dev branch and I wonder if in front
>> of a release we shouldn't be tracking the release branch instead.
>
> I'm surprised the release branch isn't the usual target of such
> analysis.  If we have issues that can be found by static analysis,
> surely we want to fix them sooner rather than later !

Well in general new code lands in dev and one should get feedback
about it as early as possible? It is just when dev is branched to stable
we might want to change what is being tracked?

holger