[Development] adding a custom entry to qmake's QT (or CONFIG?) commands

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Tue Oct 13 10:20:03 CEST 2015

Hello,

I'm experimenting with something that requires me to add an optional simple linker module (static library or even a .o object file) in the final step of the build process of an application (or library). It'd be part of QtBase (QtCore, even), and provide a means to control the behaviour of one of the QtCore classes.

I think it'd be best to add the corresponding option to the list that can be specified via QMake's QT= setting, and of course its CMake equivalent, though I suppose the CONFIG setting would be fine too if that is easier.

I have as yet no idea how one would add such an option or even where the current entries are defined. I hope it's not politically incorrect to ask for some pointers/guidance? :)

Thanks!
René