[Development] Documentation proposal: Remove recommended reading list of 20-year-old books

BRM bm_witness at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 1 20:49:12 CEST 2015

Question: How does this affect the reading list for the Qt Certifications?
It's been a while since I looked at it, but are the two reading lists not the same?I'd probably suggest going more that direction - what's good for the technologies that Qt uses and how can one improve oneself to help in working on and with Qt.
$0.02
Ben

     On Tuesday, September 1, 2015 2:33 PM, Adam Majer <adamm at zombino.com> wrote:

 On Mon, Aug 31, 2015 at 08:18:59PM +0300, Berkay Elbir wrote:
>    Yeah, replacing would be better than just removing...

Almost every modern C++ (and other programming language) book deals
with basics of threads and concurrency. Concurrent programming is
standard for a decade now. C++ standard now has a notion of
multithreads. In light of this, I believe a simple statement about
getting a moden C++ book is enough.

If a link is desired, how about "C++ Concurrency in Action: Practical
Multithreading" by Williams.

  http://www.amazon.com/dp/1933988770

NOTE: I haven't read this book, but from TOC it seems to cover most
important things about threads.

- Adam

--
Adam Majer