[Development] mouse wheel zooming and inertial scrolling

René J. V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Wed Sep 2 01:12:06 CEST 2015

Thiago Macieira wrote:

> On Tuesday 01 September 2015 22:46:24 René J. V. Bertin wrote:
>> So, then we're indeed talking about local patches: on my systems only, and
>> of potential interest to any LTS distribution maintainer who would like to
>> keep giving love to "deprecated" libraries still relied upon by unknown
>> large numbers of users.
>
> We can create an extra branch on the Qt infrastructure for such patches, but
> we can't run the CI on them -- that's actually the reason we closed the 4.8
> branch, as we are unable to test anything anymore.

Fine with me too, but let's first see if there is going to be such a patch for
this particular issue...

I also just noticed that pressing the Meta (Command or Control) key while an
inertial scroll is coasting still lets zooming kick in in the xcb plugin,
meaning that the same application doesn't work consistently across platform
plugins. Isn't that a bug, and if so, what is the intended behaviour?

R.