[Development] QtWaylandCompositor public api

Paul Olav Tvete paul.tvete at theqtcompany.com
Fri Sep 11 10:32:33 CEST 2015

On Wednesday 9. September 2015 18.13.55 Thomas Senyk wrote:
> How stable/done is this? Is it worth while trying to port an existing
> compositor to the new API?

It's in active API review, and we're still tearing down some of the classes.
Right now, we are removing absolute positions from the API, since that concept
does not really exist in Wayland. We also know that we have to change the
input classes.

> If it's stable enough to count an effort like that between "API
> review" and "actual forward port" then I'd give it a try in 2-3 weeks
> (unless something comes up -- as always).

In 2-3 weeks, the API should be a lot more stable. That would be the ideal
time to give feedback.

> What's assumed ETA for moving wip-compositor-api to default API? 5.6? 5.7?

We will have a tech preview in the 5.6 timeframe, but we will integrate the
changes to the dev branch, and not to the 5.6 branch.

- Paul