[Development] QtWebEngine unbundled of third-party libraries on Linux

Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer perezmeyer at gmail.com
Fri Sep 11 19:05:57 CEST 2015

On Tuesday 11 August 2015 23:17:31 Allan Sandfeld Jensen wrote:
> Hello Qt
>
> QtWebEngine and Chromium in the Qt 5.6 branch have been patched to allow
> linking with system libraries on Linux instead of bundled libraries. For
> most libraries the system library will be used if development files are
> detected on the system. ICU and FFMPEG however defaults to using the
> bundled copies and requires using qmake arguments to configure to use
> system versions. The required arguments are listed in qmake configure
> status (just delete .qmake.cache and run qmake to run the configure step
> again). Note that for FFMPEG, the libav libraries from the FFMPEG project
> are required, the libraries from the libav project does not work.
>
> I have so far only tested on Debian. If more people could test it we could
> also get better detection and set proper minimal versions.
>
> If you are a packager and more is required before QtWebEngine can be
> packaged on your distribution, please let me know.

[Exactly one month later...]

I'll try to check this during the weekend. I'm terribly sorry for not doing it
sooner, but life gets in the middle too much lately :-/

Do you think it would be possible to build it against Qt 5.5? Just for testing
purposes, of course.

--
Hacer algo siempre te llevará más tiempo del que esperabas, incluso si
tienes en cuenta la ley de Hofstadter.

Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer
http://perezmeyer.com.ar/
http://perezmeyer.blogspot.com/