[Development] Qt 5.5.0 build issue on OS X (10.9): OpenGL libraries

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Sun Sep 13 00:55:22 CEST 2015

On Saturday 12 September 2015 18:16:54 René J. V. Bertin wrote:
> Thiago Macieira wrote:
> > Maybe we need two tests: one for OpenGL for XCB plugin (with GLX support)
> > and one for OpenGL for the Cocoa plugin (AGL support).
>
> I think that's what you get when using my approach:

Not really. I guess I didn't express myself: I meant keep *both* tests, but
use two different variables for storing them: one for OpenGL-for-XCB and one
for OpenGL-for-Cocoa.

In any case, is there any Apple system that *lacks* the OpenGL libraries? Why
do we need to test for it? Let the configure script detect the XCB one with
pkg-config and let the Cocoa plugin use -framework OpenGL -framework AGL, pure
and simple.

> > On Saturday 12 September 2015 10:03:09 René J.V. Bertin wrote:
> >> Can anyone think of a case where you'd be building for Cocoa and NOT use
> >> /System/Library/Frameworks/{OpenGL,AGL}.framework ?
> >
> > When you're building against an SDK and therefore it's not the one in
> > /System/Library.
>
> Well, yes, but as long as you provide the appropriate SDK argument,
> -framework OpenGL -framework AGL will still link the correct framework, no?

Right, but that's not using the path you mentioned.